“Creating and Nurturing Real Human Connection”
Podcasters. South Africans. Brothers From Other Mothers. Dr of Chiropractic. Executive Coach. Buddies. Human Connectors. Smilers. Jokers. Change Makers. Your Hosts.
It’s not often in life, that you get to start a project with one of your best buddies. It is special creating something which is more meaningful than yourselves and is your own little way of giving back to the universe. It is an absolute privilege to be alive and living on this planet and it is each person’s responsibility and obligation to give back in a positive and meaningful way.
Gone are the days, where the barriers to entry are too high for almost every conceivable job and business on the planet. Thank you internet and computers for giving us this amazing opportunity and capability to start a Podcast from our bedrooms, on opposite sides of the planet.
Our journey started in a dingy, little corner bar in Madrid. We dropped the idea that starting a Podcast one day would be a cool thing to do. Like with so many things in life, we say stuff and then never do it. For us, timing was everything. We had both made significant changes in our lives, which allowed us the opportunity to begin the Podcast. We planned for 3 months before launching, meeting twice a week, to provide updates to the tasks we had each taken. Here we now are, 15 months later and one year into our Podcast. Close to 100 hours of interviews and countless hours of fantastically enjoyable graft under our belts.
Today’s chat, is us sharing our experience of this incredible journey. We cover why we started and why we keep going, our random learnings and realisation, what it takes at a high level to produce one podcast episode and then where to from here for us and The Ridiculously Human Podcast.
We hope you enjoy this conversation as much as we did reminiscing.
Let’s find out what it means for Gareth and Craig, to be Ridiculously Human.
Your fellow beings,
Craig and Gareth
The Bambuseae Rhythm Section – Check them out here
Simon Van Gend Band – Check them out here
Right Hook Request
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
We know this is always a big one to ask and you hear it a million times but anything you can do to help us get our podcast out there into the ether will be massively appreciated!
Please tell Your Friends & Share Online
A list of all our Podcast Guests so far:
- RHP #000: Gareth Martin, Executive and Lifestyle Coach. Craig Haywood, Doctor of Chiropractic
- RHP #001: Anna Sward, Founder of Protein Pow, Cook Book Author and Protein Expert
- RHP #002: David Jackson and Tim Stevenson, Founders of School of Calisthenics and Conditioning Coaches
- RHP #003: Darryl Edwards, Fitness Explorer. Paleo Expert. Movement and Play Specialist
- RHP #004: Dr Espen Hjalmby, Ninja Warrior and Founder of Bonfire Hot Yoga
- RHP #005: Gareth Pickering, Digital Nomad and Founder of The Freedom Fighter
- RHP #006: John Sanei, Trenovator, Futurist, Moonshot Chaser and Author
- RHP #007: Eva Claire Marseille, Boeing 747 Pilot and First Officer. Fly with Eva
- RHP #008: Jessie Mundell, Chief Mamma Trainer at JMG Fitness, Prenatal and Postnatal Expert
- RHP #009: Mbulelo Thinta, Interlocutor, Ultra-trail Runner and Host of Bleachers
- RHP #010: Sean Roberts, Ex-Professional Football Goalkeeper and Player Agent
- RHP #011: Dr Alex Hynes, Emergency Veterinarian Physician and Business Woman
- RHP #012: Craig Haywood and Gareth Martin, Christmas Show with The Hosts
- RHP #013: Ashlyn George, Founder of Lost Girls Guide to Finding The World
- RHP #014: Erik Kruger, Founder of Betterman Group. Executive and Mindset Coach
- RHP #015: Shaun Fuchs, ex- School Principal. Educationalist and Entrepreneur
- RHP #016: Melissa Monte, Hostess of the Mind Love Podcast
- RHP #017: Lizanne Van Vuuren, Coxless Crew Pacific Ocean Rower and Osteopath
- RHP #018: Dali and Finn Schonfelder, The Founders of Nalu Clothing. Inspiring Young Entrepreneurs
- RHP #019: Natasha Fett, Celebrity Fitness Trainer. Fitness and Lifestyle Expert
- RHP #020: Christie Lindor, Management Consultant, Author & Hostess of Mece Muse
- RHP #021: Joe Cross, Joe the Juicer. Filmmaker of Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
- RHP #022: Emma and Carla Papas, The Merrymaker Sisters. Bloggers and Merry Makers
- RHP #023: Erin Bailey, Founder of E-Bailey Fitness and Consulting. Viral Blogger
- RHP #024: Dr Thandi Ndlovu, CEO of Motheo Construction Group and Freedom Fighter
- RHP #025: Dianne McGrath, PhD Researcher and Mars One Astronaut Candidate
- RHP #026: Shanan Worrall, Founder of Shark Eyes and Big Wave Surfer
- RHP #027: Rosie Millen, Founder of Miss Nutritionist and Adrenal Fatigue Specialist
- RHP #028: Darryl Edwards, Founder of Primal Play. Movement and Play Specialist
- RHP #029: Michael O’Brien, Executive Coach. CEO of Peloton Coaching & Consulting
- RHP #030: Alex Hutchinson, Author of Endure and Editor of Sweat Science
- RHP #031: Alvin Irby, Founder of Barbershop Books. Comedian & Entrepreneur
- RHP #032: Sheena Yap Chan, Host of Tao of Self Confidence Podcast
- RHP #033: Tara Russell, Founder, President & Global Impact Lead of Fathom Travel
- RHP #034: Chris Kilham, Founder of Medicine Hunter and Plant Medicine Expert
- RHP #035: Luke Storey, Transformational Coach and Host of The Life Stylist Podcast
- RHP #036: Annie Clarke, Yoga Teacher and Founder of Mind Body Bowl
- RHP #037: Kelly Rennie, Mums Fitness Expert and Founder of Busy Mum Fitness
- RHP #038: Simon Van Gend, Musician and Lead of Simon Van Gend Band
- RHP #039: Andrew Roberts, Ex-Warrant Officer Class 01 and Domestic Abuse Victim
- RHP #040: Pamela Gay, PhD Astronomer and Astronomy Cast Host
- RHP #041: Paul De Gelder, Motivational Speaker and Shark Attack Survivor
- RHP #042: Jay Maryniak, No. 1 Functional Fitness Trainer and Founder of JTM Fit
- RHP #043: Paul Connolly, Author, Celebrity Trainer and Victim of Child Abuse
- RHP #044: Tony Moze, Edutainer, Entrepreneur, Passion Promoter and The Rhyming Book Reviewer
- RHP #045: Alice Zaslavsky, Australian Masterchef Alumna, Best Selling Author and Founder of Alice in Frames
- RHP #046: Rick Clemons, Bold Move Expert, Host of Life (Un)Closeted Podcast, Status Quo Disruptor, Gay Bear
- RHP #047: Chantel Dartnall, Worlds Best Female Chef 2017, Owner of Mosaic Restaurant, Botanical Artist
- RHP #048: Fei Wu, Podcast Host, People Connector, Entrepreneur, Freelance Digital Marketer. Founder of Feisworld
- RHP #049: Hannah Phillips, Homeschooler, Artist, Photographer, Entrepreneur. Founder of HP Media and Piper Creative
- RHP #050: Darin Olien, The Superfood Hunter, Author, Vegan, Hydration Expert. Founder of Superlife and Barukas
- RHP #051: Devin Lester, Professional Photographer, Dream Chaser, Technical Artist, Realist, Black Belt Karate and Founder of DLP
- RHP #052: Wanjira Mathai, Youth Leadership Developer, Conservationist, Kenyan Smiler, Storyteller and Chairwoman of Wangari Maathai Foundation